Work with us
Talented People. Free Snacks. Making the World Prettier.
Change The Global Photo and Video Industry
We are on a mission to make it easy to find, hire and collaborate with the best photographers and videographers on the planet. With thousands of professionals in our community who have delivered over 80,000 on-location shoots, we have just scratched the surface of this $20B market. We are looking for extraordinary people to join our team. Think you’ve got what it takes to add some zeros to those numbers?See available positions
We Love Taking Photos and Making Films
We're photographers and filmmakers too. Working at SmartShoot isn't just a job for many of us, it's an opportunity to marry personal passions and work. We geek out over the latest gear, get up before sunrise to get that shot, and are driven to create the best product we can, because we're part of the community.
We prioritize well, actively seek better solutions, know how to say “no” and focus on what moves the needle most. Keep your eye on the prize and have some fun while doing it.
Get stuff done
We deliver high-impact projects fast and aim to ship code even faster. Perfect out of the gates is a unicorn that we’re not chasing. Make an 80% solution happen now to enable rapid iteration and a path to perfection.
Big egos and office politics are for Hollywood and those other startups. We are team players who put the organization above ourselves by genuinely listening to our peers and assuming good intentions. No project is too big or too little for any of us. That’s why our CEO is responsible doing the dishes.
Our practices and processes are not set in stone, far from it. We expect people in every corner of our company to ask questions, take risks, find a better way and go the extra mile.
Finding the right professional filmmaker or photographer is a hard problem. In the US, the annual market is $15B, with the biggest player owning less than 1%. SmartShoot seeks to solve this problem by finding the right, high-quality professional for brands and consumers that need personalized work. In 2013, our pro community earned over $4M on our platform, shooting in every state in the US and in many cities around the world. Having made a profit last year, and with the support of some of Silicon Valley’s best investors and advisors, we want to take these great customers and build to scale.
We’re looking for self-motivated individuals to join our small engineering team as we grow our business. You’ll be a key member of a small, flat team of smart engineers architecting and building out the SmartShoot platform for SEO, lead gen and management; contract, billing, and payment systems; digital asset review and management; and partner integration. You will have a large impact on the future systems we build and room to grow with us as we scale. The role is hands on coding in a collaborative environment where you are expected to bring your A game to the table and contribute to the architectural decisions and implementation recommendations. We are building new features in a fresh Python stack as we migrate away from our PHP origins. We are looking for talent that has a strong computer science background, agnostic about languages and who is excited about building a web application that will be a next-generation internet landmark.
- Smart and gets things done
- Minimum 3 years professional experience
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of Python and familiarity with at least one other mature language
- Experience working collaboratively using tools such as jira, GIT, and clever doodles.
- Comfortable working with relational and no-sql databases
- Experience integrating applications by developing & consuming public & private APIs
- Used to test-driven development with unit-tests and continuous integration systems
- Experience architecting analytics systems and/or setting up BI data warehouses
- Experience building or integrating with digital asset management systems
- Love of photography or filmmaking (or both!)
- Contributed to an open source software project; show us your GitHub account!
SmartShoot is building the preeminent marketplace for filmmakers and photographers. Having already executed over 50,000, on-location photo and video shoots for partners that include Airbnb, Google, Groupon, TripAdvisor and many others, we are building on that success to provide a complete business platform to help our growing network of pro talent find customers, manage projects, deliver media, and ensure timely payment for their work. We are looking for an experienced front end developer to join our small, agile development team as a key player in building out features and products for media customers as well as pro service providers. You’ll work with designers, other developers, and product managers to help build new and improved ways for people to find and collaborate with the best pro talent for their video and photographic projects. As a Front End Developer you will specialize in building responsive and elegant user interfaces.
- Working closely with designers, product managers, and other engineers to implement versatile solutions to tricky web development problems
- Embracing emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do
- Building UI templates, manage stylesheets
- Launching, iterating and making a difference
- Implementing designs with a pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with UI designers and product managers in navigating tradeoffs between design, ease of development, and future maintainability
- Experience applying responsive design to improve UX on web and mobile devices
- History of testing and developing across multiple browsers while maintaining a consistent user experience
- Experienced in version control systems (Git/SVN)
- Experience coding PHP and/or working with Zend Framework
SmartShoot is growing our world-class client support/operations team to take care of our customers, filmmakers and photographers. If you are a proven star at delivering exceptional service and have a passion for photography and video, we want you on our customer-focused, dedicated, creative and extremely hard-working team.
As a SmartOps Representative, your role will focus on pre and post sales customer support and scheduling and interaction with our network of professional filmmakers and photographers. The ideal candidate has proven experience delivering superior customer service, phones sales and a desire to continue to learn, develop and grow.
- Answering client requests or inquiries concerning services, products and process via phone and inbound email/cases
- Scheduling shoots and booking filmmakers for our various projects
- Providing customers with product and service information, including setting expectations and basic preparation for their shoots
- Work in one or multiple queues with various customer and clients
- Sell products and place customer orders in computer system
- Identify, research, and resolve customer issues using the computer system and follow-up on customer inquires not immediately resolved
- Gain an understanding of our talent (filmmaker and photographer) network to book challenging appointments or solve customer service escalations
- Continually maintain working knowledge of all company products, services and promotions
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to learn new technology at lightning speed
- 2+ years in a client service role (at a technology company a plus)
- Demonstrated aptitude for exceptional customer service
- Quick learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
- Photography, Video or production knowledge a plus